Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Learn to Swim

I've been meaning to start swimming more, but it seems that fate has been against me. First, the Queen Anne pool closed for a few months, then every time I was set to go swimming, something happened to dissuade me: lethargy in the morning, missing swim card, Kathy wants to do something else, we just ate, etc. Anyways, I had to drive my parents to the airport, and I was guaranteed to get up early. I had my swim card, and I had nothing else to do. So the stage was set.

When I got back from the airport, I woke up Kathy and we went out for coffee before I went swimming. She decided to defrost her car, and somehow managed to lock her keys in the car with the motor running. Luckily, the starts were aligned and AAA came over post haste and got the car unlocked. We made it to coffee and I got to go swim (for a half an hour) after all. I managed to swim a half mile in a half hour, and had to stop to catch my breath every lap. Much room for improvement, me thinks. I will be going again soon. My goal for now is to be able to swim a mile in 40 minutes (stopping as much as I want) and to try to improve my technique.

1 comment:

^Patty.Yang^ said...

i wish i could have time to go swimming....