Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions 2010

With the new year here already, I have decided to list a few things I'd like to focus on this year.

New Year’s Resolutions 2010

1. Support my community: We often take for granted many of the activities that we do without realizing the incredible effort taken by those behind the scenes to make these things happen. I would like to do what I can to support the activities that I enjoy.

2. Be more inquisitive: As I walked behind someone the other day, he stopped to look at some kind of plant or flower. I wondered what he was looking at as I walked past. Maybe I should have asked. Almost everyone is interested in sharing their interests, even with a stranger, and I would learn more about the people and the world around me.

3. Plant a garden: I want to connect with the earth and the growing world around me, and then I want to eat it. I promise to leave some space for Kathy’s Japanese maple in our yard.

4. Connect with friends and family more: Give at least one person a day a compliment. Reconnect with friends to whom I have not talked in a while. Reach out to new acquaintances. Visit family, especially if they live in a place where I can go ride the Slickrock Trail before breakfast.

5. Find a dream job: My dream job includes 52 weeks of vacation a year, by the way.

6. Cook: Try new recipes. Try new food combinations. Eat lots of greens. Eat healthy.

7. Vacation with Kathy: Kathy has 48 weeks less vacation than I do. If she wants to go somewhere special in those 4 weeks, I should fit that into my schedule.

8. Seize the day. Do lots of fun stuff. OK, maybe that is not a resolution. Who doesn’t want fun?


No comments: