Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kathy runs a marathon










I went up to Vancouver last weekend to watch Kathy run her first marathon. She was a bit anxious the night before. Kathy rocked the course, however. I rode my bike around to see her at various points, and it took me a while to catch up with her, as she was running much faster than both she and I expected. I guess it's the excitement of the race. I carried extra GUs and potato chips for her if she wanted them. Kathy was not in the mood for potato chips (a normal running staple of her, she tells me), but gave me the evil eye when I started eating them while watching her run by.

Kathy finished the race in 4:35 or so, a half hour better than expected. She also felt great afterwards. I think that she wants to do a 50km trail run next. Go Kathy!

No comments: