Monday, March 10, 2008

Northwest Trail Run 3 hour / 6 hour

Kathy and I went down to Des Moines Creek Park to do the Northwest Trail Run race put on by Eric Bone. I've only been to Des Moines Creek Park once before to go mountain biking in the dark. It has a lot of twisty trails and rolling hills, and the four mile loop that Eric set up definitely had both.

I ran the 6 hour race and after finishing 10 loops, I decided to stop 20 minutes early, as Van Phan, the second place runner, was a full loop behind me. I ran for a loop or two with Kyle McCoy who was new to town, and seemed like a solid runner. He ran the 3 hour run and looked solid. I expect I'll see him at more of these trail runs. Kathy finished four laps for a sixteen mile run, her longest run ever! This was good training for her Vancouver marathon in May. She could have run further, but slowed down a bit at the end so that she didn't have to run another loop. That's kind of how I felt too towards the end of my run.

No comments: